Monday 2 April 2012

Stork Express Airlines

19th of April is the expected arrival date of another baby into the family...so throwing a baby shower in honour of this was of course the job of 'the best auntie in the world'...(quoted- not my own words, honest!)

I fancy myself as a bit of a party planner, so excitedly began thought- showering ideas soon after the pregnancy was announced! I threw one for my sister-in-law for her first baby 2 years ago, so had a rough idea of what I was letting myself in for. It had to be bigger and better, and more impressive than any other shower. Anything less just wouldn't be acceptable.

My goodness this thing grew arms and legs.

My teacher brain took over and I decided I would have an organised, well thought-out theme for the shower...I give you...

  Stork Express Airlines

Welcome aboard...




Each passenger would pick up their 'In Flight Entertainment' cards on arrival & 'Boarding Pass'.


After leaving their gifts at the 'Luggage Drop Off' it was time to have some bubbly, play some baby related games and 'ooh' and 'ahh' over the 3D scans of the new baby...



I had 2 picture frames in the main room one with the 3D scan of my sister in laws first baby beside the first photo of his cute face when he was fresh out the wrapper ...and the other was the current 'bun in the oven's' 3D scan! It's scary how similar they are!


After a few glasses of prosecco on board the prestigious Stork Express Airlines, an announcement was made- there had been an important delivery...



In Flight Cuisine - Afternoon Tea delivered by the Stork


Got Milk?
I bought these cute milk bottles from www.ampulla.co.uk 
and the vintage paper straws from this amazingly cute website www.papermash.co.uk
I got the straws, paper dollies and vintage travel tags from this website and with the package was a personalised message from the owner thanking me for supporting her small businness. It's a must visit- fast delivery & very very cute stock!


Everyone loved the ideas of their own special delivery from the stork!




The tea party theme continued and there were loads of cute jars of 'Complimentary sweets'
Jars were from Ikea


Then onto the Refreshments Table- Tea & Bubbly



 A Sneak Peak inside the box...


Homemade Sandwiches- Ham, Mustard & Rocket on Brown Bread, Scottish Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese & Cucumber, Cheddar Cheese Ploughman
Freshly baked Scone, Mini Jam & Clotted Cream
Milk & White Chocolate covered Strawberry
Mini Eclaire
Mini Meringue
Mini Swiss Roll 



Before passengers were allowed to disembark the aircraft they had to collect their luggage (A scrummy cupcake & mini rattle) at the 'Baggage Claim' 



It took months of planning - but worth every minute!

Now it's time for a holiday

LA here I come....

xo















1 comment:

  1. These look awesome and are lovely for a baby shower. You should totally start that as a business it's brilliant. Party planning is obviously a forte.

    Jane
    Ultrasound Direct

    ReplyDelete